The position and size of graphic objects can only be displayed in FrameMaker through modal dialogs (e.g.‘Graphics > Object Properties’).
The column width can only be displayed using the menu item ‘Table > Resize Columns’, which also displays a modal dialog. The actual row height cannot be displayed.
Position information always refers to the ‘Container’ in which this object is located, e.g.the text frame or anchored frame. FrameMaker does not offer the option to determine the absolute position on the page.
FrameMaker currently does not provide a multifunctional information dialog that displays the relevant information depending on the selected object type.
The script displays the position and size of the selected object in a non-modal dialog.
- The measuring unit can be switched (‘mm’/‘pt’).
- You can either display the absolute position to the page margin or the position within the container object (‘object’/‘page’).
- With some objects, the position and size may be changed directly (‘apply’). The aspect ratio can be maintained automatically when a size is changed.
- Depending on the selection, additional information will be displayed in the palette title (graphic name, number of selected cells, font size, etc.).
- The line spacing (‘ld’) shows the spacing from the base line of the insertion point to the base line of the previous line.
This spacing is currently not displayed correctly if the insertion point is at the end of a paragraph or if the previous line does not contain any text.
- The common FM units can be specified to change the values. In addition, objects may be scaled by percentage.
- FrameMaker 6.0 or higher
- FrameScript/ElmScript 4.1 or higher
The script works with structured and unstructured documents.
If you no longer need the dialog you should close it for performance reasons.